The old stones of the disused sugar factory Petite Victoria built in the 1830’s were in a dilapidated state with roots growing in the walls. The restoration work was major as walls had to be rebuilt whilst tie beams, new steel structures and roofs were added. The original design was done to convert the ruins of the factory into an individual house with an external reflective pool and a Japanese garden. It was later converted into a restaurant with the added function of holding the permanent exhibition of the work of French artist Maniglier. It was renamed Le Café des Arts. The old stones have regained a new lease of life.